top of page
Close up of hands typing on a laptop

Frequently Asked Questions

Common questions about UniQ Lets luxury properties and terms.

Can I arrange a house viewing?

Yes, the best way to arrange a viewing is via WhatsApp. Alternatively, you can call, email or fill in the form on the contact page.

Can I rent a house as an individual?

Although most of our student houses are a whole house contract, our professional houses are let on a per bedroom contract. Please get in touch if you would like to know more.

Do I need to pay additional bills?

Relax. Gas, Electric, Water, TV licence and Internet are included in all of our bills packages. We do however recommend that you take out your own contents insurance to insure your personal belongings.

Is the bills package unlimited?

No, there is a fair usage cap for the bills package. If you exceed this capped amount then all tenants will be jointly and severally liable to pay this extra amount to the landlord. This is accurately calculated at the end of your tenancy. This cap will be clearly stated on the tenancy agreement.

What happens to my security deposit?

Your deposit is placed into a deposit protection scheme, where it is held safely throughout the academic year and will be returned to you at the end of your contract subject to the contract terms. DPS – Deposit Protection Service

When do I need to pay rent?

Rent payments are made quarterly, with the first payment due on or before the tenancy start date, then every 3 months after that. For example, 1st July, 1st September, 1st January, 1st April. This brings the payments in line with student loans to make managing your money that bit easier.

How do I report problems or maintenance?

We use WhatsApp groups for each house for quick and efficient messaging, that way everyone is kept up to date. However, for emergencies please call 07517482576.

Do I need a guarantor?

Students will be required to have a UK-based Guarantor, unless the rent is paid for the term upfront.

I’m a Student, do I need to pay council tax?

Students are exempt from paying council tax, but you will need to provide a ‘council tax certificate’ which is easily downloaded from the Student services portal:

Still have questions?

We’re here to help. Get in touch to speak to one of the team for answers to any of your questions.

bottom of page